It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: eXplorist 500 WAAS 2.7 update
PostPosted: September 25th, 2008, 10:14 pm 
 Post subject: Re: eXplorist 500 WAAS 2.7 update
PostPosted: September 26th, 2008, 3:34 am 
Paper map user

GPS: Tritan 500
So now older units are working with WAAS but the newer Tritons still don't? That really needs to be addressed!!!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2008, 12:46 pm 
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 11:10 am 
Paper map user

GPS: Magellan eXplorist 500LE
Hi everyone,

Is 2.71 still the "most" correct and current firmware update that I can apply to the eXplorist 500LE?

My serno starts with the 133...

You know, these things are still in bulk @ both my local CT stores. Every 6 months or so they mark them down a little bit more. Down to $130 now.

Thanks

Nifkinsbridge

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm 
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 10:44 pm 
Uber poster

GPS: eX210, 400, 610 Canada !!!
Geocaching name: Denis et Doris
Well if that's not the best comparison I've ever read...

I have an Expl 400 and love the battery, but hate the procedure of hand-bombing data from one open window to another on my pc (Geocaching to Mapsend Lite) to upload geocache data into the gps. It's time consuming, but possible. I can do 20-25 caches in around 1 1/2 hrs if there's no hockey to watch (and distract me). I do like that I can quickly transfer the cache files from pc to laptop thru the home network, and quickly into the gps when they're ready for transfer. The file structure is awesome to play with for this reason.

So when I started itching for a color unit, and all these discounted expl 500xl's are sitting on shelves, I'm wondering which I should buy : the 500 Explorist or the Triton 400. I will need a new mounting bracket to fit the Triton, but what cables can I use to power the T in my vehicle ? Can I recycle my 12v charger cable from the explorist, or is there some other cable that comes with the triton that can be used with a USB power adapter in the truck ? I commonly power my 2 explorists this way, saving battery use when travelling, and like to keep the trend going if I change units.

I've also read about the Euro firmware update having different screens, etc for the eX, do they apply to the 400, and are they still available ? How do I go about choosing this update ? I suspect that I just pick expl 400 euro when choosing the firmware update on the website, please correct me if I'm wrong. As of now, I do get WAAS with my 400, but if I'm to lose accuracy with a different update, I might keep what I have.

Thanks in advance, Denis ;-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]